Welcome to Myanmar's Beaches...
...some of the best in the World!!
Myanmar has a 2,000 kilometre-long coastline on the Indian Ocean and there are many lovely beaches along the shores of the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. Many are as yet undiscovered by tourists and unspoiled by overdevelopment and most of the coasts face west giving spectacular views of the sunset.
* Ngapali Beach - in the Rakhine State (Arakan) a 45 minute flight from Yangon. Probably the best beach in Myanmar with lovely white sand and gin-clear water. There are many hotels to choose from ranging from 5-Star to Standard accommodation. Early booking is advised as the hotels are usually fully booked during holidays and the main tourist months. Nearby beaches with hotels are also being developed
* Kanthaya Beach - undeveloped beach in the southern Rakhine State (Arakan) 6 hour's drive from Yangon or 4 hours by jeep from Ngapali Beach
* Ngwe Saung Beach - in Ayeyarwaddy Division 5 hours' drive from Yangon via Pathein (Bassein). Unspoiled beach with all classes of hotels and very tranquil
* Chaungta Beach - busy beach and good fun because this is where most Myanmar people go to enjoy - about 5 hours' drive from Yangon via Pathein (Bassein)
* Dawei (Tavoy) - in Taninthayi Division in the south, about the same latitude as Bangkok with miles and miles of unspoiled beach but which is presently being developed. Here the tide ebbs and flows a very long way twice daily!